Rental Terms & Conditions:
THE RENTAL AGREEMENT:
The Owner agrees to let and the Renter agrees to take on the rental of the Vehicle. The Owner means wheelchaircarhire.co.uk, T/A Autobility Ltd, Unit 2, Newburgh Industrial Estate, Cupar Road, Newburgh, KY14 6HA. The Owner warrants that the vehicle is roadworthy.
2. Warranty by Renter and Additional Driver - Owner Rights
a) The Renter must return the vehicle to the owner in the same condition as received on the date pre-agreed between said parties;
b) The Renter must not use the vehicle for hire or reward nor in violation of any law, ordinance or regulation, nor remove it (without prior written consent of owner) from the United Kingdom.
c) The Renter hereby warrants and undertakes to the Owner
i) the accuracy of the information supplied to the Owner;
ii) that he/she will not operate the Vehicle or permit the Vehicle to be operated in any way that would violate this contract, including: Driving by any person under 21 or over 75: in motor sport events (including racing, pace making, rallying, reliability trials, and speed testing); to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer; by any person driving when unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed for the time being by road traffic legislation: by any other person other than the Renter or additional Driver/s shown in the Agreement; under authority of any license other than his own; if renter or driver leaves the car unlocked or fails to secure the keys; other than on a paved public highway, private road or driveway; in a reckless or imprudent manner or if the car is deliberately damaged;
iii) that he/she and/or listed additional drivers have a full and valid UK driving license.
iv) that he will ensure the vehicle is locked at all times when unattended and will undertake to store the keys in a safe place.
d) If there is any breach of agreement by the renter, the owner shall have the right to terminate the agreement and seize the vehicle at any time and place.
3. Extension of Rental Period
The renter may extend the period of the agreement if confirmed by the owner. The renter will agree to pay any additional costs including collection charges, as the Owner shall require. The owner may extend the term of the rental agreement with prior notice at no additional cost to the renter.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) All fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other legal violations accrued by the renter against the Vehicle while in possession of the renter shall be paid by the renter, except where caused through fault of Owner. Renter is liable as the owner of the vehicle in respect of: any fixed penalty offence committed in respect of that Vehicle under the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988; any excess parking charge which may be incurred in respect of that Vehicle in pursuance of an Order under Sections 45 and 46 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or the Road Traffic Act 1991;
2) Value Added Tax and all other taxes (if any) payable on the following items;
3) The Owners costs, including reasonable legal fees if permitted by law, incurred collecting payment due from Renter ;
4) Fair market value of repairing damage to the vehicle supplied, administrative fees, plus loss of revenue at the daily rate charged based on Owner's loss of use of the Vehicle, depreciation, towing, storage, impound fees, regardless of fault or negligence of the Renter or any other person, and regardless of whether damages are a result of an act of God. Owner shall have the sole right and responsibility to repair the Vehicle. Damage should be reported to the office where the car was rented within 24 hours from the incident;
5) if Vehicle is stolen, it should be reported to the Owner immediately, and in any event within 24 hours after the Vehicle was stolen. It should also be reported to the Police immediately and a crime reference number should also be obtained immediately, regardless if Renter's own insurance or if Owner's insurance applies;
6) The Renter will allow the Owner to calculate and debit final charges from a Credit Card, if that is the initial form of payment used, If the agreement is breached, the Renter agrees to cease using the Vehicle and to pay all expenses incurred by the Owner in returning the Vehicle to registered premises.
5. Renter’s Own Insurance
If the Renter has own insurance, they shall keep the Vehicle insured fully comprehensive for a value which has been agreed by the Owner. In the case of loss or damage to the Vehicle, the Renter shall permit the Owner to make a claim in the name of the Renter and in such case reserves the right to claim full rental charges until any repairs have been completed.
The Renter agrees to all the terms and conditions of this rental agreement whether the Renter has their own insurance or the insurance of the Owner.
6. In case of accident
In the event of an incident that results in damage to the Vehicle ensure that:
a) The Renter's and/or Driver's insurers, if the Renter has organized their own insurance, are notified and that it is confirmed in writing to the office where the car is rented immediately or within 24 hours of the accident;
b) The driver of the Vehicle forwards to the Owner the relevant accident report within 24 hours of the accident
c) No admission of liability is to be made to any person in relation to an accident;
d) Any document relating to any proceeding arising out of an accident is delivered to the Owner at the registered address;
e) All assistance is rendered to the Owner and its insurers to the conduct of such proceedings including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing permitting such proceedings to be brought by the Owner in the name of the Renter and defending any proceedings brought against the Renter;
f) The Renter shall be liable for any costs to the Owner against all losses, liabilities, costs, actions, claims or demands which they may incur or have brought or made against it in relation to the Vehicle or its use and which are not recoverable under a policy of insurance
g) The names and addresses of all witnesses are collected and given to the Owner.
For the purposes of the DATA PROTECTION ACT (S) 1984, the Owner or any subsidiary of the Owner may hold and process by computer or otherwise the information given to Owner by the Renter or any Additional Driver to identify other products or services which might be relevant and for statistical analysis.
12. Renters Indemnity Provision
Upon demand from the Owner, the Renter agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Owner harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by the Owner in any manner from this rental transaction or from the use or operation of the rental car by any party, including claims of or liabilities to third parties and agrees to present a claim to their insurance carrier for all such expenses. If the Renter has no insurance to cover such events or losses, the Renter agrees to pay the Owner for such loses.
13. THE RENTER AUTHORISES THE OWNER TO REQUEST CREDIT CARD VOUCHERS IF A CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN PRESENTED AS A MEANS OF DEPOSIT OR SECURITY AT THE TIME VEHICLE WAS RENTED, OR IF ANY THIRD PARTY TO WHOM A BILLING WAS DIRECTED REFUSES TO MAKE PAYMENT.
14. All charges are subject to final audit.
Rental charges include:-
Vehicle use within the United Kingdom with a single listed driver (additional drivers may be added)
Daily mileage allowance of 200 miles (excess of 10 pence per mile applies).
Any fuel used, already in the vehicle at delivery must be replaced for return to us
Additional items/services available with your rental package:
Fully Comprehensive insurance subject to the relevant terms and conditions and additional charges.
Delivery or Collection (Nationwide Mainland) 65 pence per mile.
Breach of agreement charges
Wheelchaircarhire operate a strict no smoking policy in all of our hire vehicles. Should the owner suspect the hirer has
breached this policy, a valeting charge of £50 will be applied.
Should the vehicle be returned in any other condition other than was supplied to them, a £50 Valeting Charge shall apply.
Should the vehicle be returned later than the agreed date and time, Excess Hire & Insurance Charges shall apply
If the vehicle is returned with less fuel than it went out with, a Fuel Top Up Charge will be applied
Should the incorrect type of fuel be added or the vehicle is used inappropriately, a Vehicle Misuse Excess Charge will apply.
The named driver and any other additional listed drivers should be between the ages of 21 and 75 years of age inclusive and must have held a full UK Drivers License for no less than 2 years. VAT is not charged where person/persons hiring the vehicle are certified as disabled and are using the vehicle for private use