Frequently Asked Questions
What information do you need to book a hire?
1) Wheelchair measurements - width, length and seated height from floor to top of head of wheelchair passenger.
2) Dates Required
3) Number of passengers travelling
4) Any other specific requirements.
5) Any drivers to be insured on the vehicle will require to have a FULL and valid driving licence. We will require to take copies of both the photocard and counter paper part and also a utility bill for proof of address.
6) For any customers wishing to drive on a European or foreign licence, we will require a copy of your passport along with the usual documentation. Please note that customers wishing to hire on a foreign license will be subject to increased insurance costs.
7) Payment can only be made by credit or debit card if our insurance is taken.
How do I know which vehicle I need?
This will depend on the wheelchair measurements and number of additional passengers travelling. You may also want to consider space for any luggage or medical equipment you may need to take with you. We will advise you on this.
Do I collect the vehicle at your office or do you deliver?
You can collect the vehicle at our office or we can deliver to a destination of your choice - whatever best suits you! Delivery is free for the irst 25 miles and charged is 75p per mile each way thereafter. Delivery is only offered for hires of 7 days +. Operating hours for delivery are between 9am - 4pm. Saturday delivery is subject to availability.
What are your opening hours?
Our office is open from 8.30am - 6pm Monday - Thursday and 8.30am - 5pm Friday for collection and drop off (Saturday morning only by arrangement) We are closed on Sunday. Our delivery and collection service is operational between 9am - 4pm Monday - Friday only.Saturday delivery is subject to availability. Please note we do not offer single day Saturday or single day Sunday hires.
Do you have breakdown cover on your vehicles?
Yes, all of our vehicles are fully covered by RAC Homestart and Roadside Assistance. UK cover only however, European cover can be arranged if needed - charged to the customer.
What type of insurance do I need for the vehicle?
The vehicle must be covered on a fully comprehensive basis for the duration of your hire period. We can arrange this for you at an additional charge if your insurance company will not provide cover. Please note strict terms and conditions apply. Call for details.
Can I take the vehicle abroad?
Yes, you may take the vehicle to anywhere in the European Union with prior consent from ourselves. This will increase hire and insurance costs. Please note it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure they have all necessary documentation and legal items within the vehicle for travelling abroad i.e breathalisers etc. We do NOT provide additional items.